Free Time

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Free Time Empty Free Time

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:35 pm

Luna found an empty period for the first time in a while since she's been going to school here, begrudgingly. She didn't have enough time to run home and do anything, not that the Hīragi household was a fun place to be in at most times, no matter the time of year. She found herself wandering to the school ground borders, debating whether she should explore the area around the school or not. She already knew the are well, but didn't want to be on the grounds any more than she absolutely had too. Her mind made up, Luna found her feet already making the cross between school grounds and civilization.

Back to top Go down

Free Time Empty Re: Free Time

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:01 pm

A free period was quite a rare thing to appear, so Izumi used it as good as she possibly could. Her camcorder was filling up quickly, because she was filming almost all day long. She recorded everything that was even slightly interesting, just to make sure she wouldn't miss out on anything. Because she recorded so much though, about 70% of the footage she had so far was useless, and she needed to get rid of it to make space for her to keep recording. So, Izumi had decided to take her free time to get rid of the useless things on her precious camcorder.

It was easier to remove recordings when in a quiet place where nothing could distract her, so Izumi had walked all the way to one of the school ground's border, and had claimed a wooden bench not too far away from it. There she sat, staring at the small screen her cam corder, deleting the short and useless videos she had made, for only about 10 minutes without taking her eyes off the camcorder. She was still far from done, but she got distracted by a girl.  As she looked closer, Izumi recognized her; Luna, the girl who had been adopted into her family. She didn't know her that well, but that didn't matter. Luna didn't seem to have noticed her, so Izumi aimed her camcorder which she had in her left hand, at the girl while she got up and slowly walked towards her as Luna was leaving the school grounds. 

As she got close enough for the girl to most likely hear her. "And where are you going?" The white haired female would ask, a sarcastic, annoying smile on her face, and her camera aimed at the poor Luna. She would put her right hand against her hip while waiting for an answer. Izumi didn't want to start a fight or anything, she was just curious to what Luna was going to do, that's all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:11 pm

I hadn't actually walked very far at all. I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to my surroundings, given on most occasions someone wouldn't be around. Especially during class. I did notice someone with white, long hair walk towards me. When I looked over for a better look, I recognized the girl as Izumi, my older sister. She had a camcorder in her hand and asked where I was going. She asked it in a sarcastic passive aggressive way, a smile that was slightly annoying lightened her face. "No where specifically. Why spend any more time on this campus than I have to? Care to join?" I replied smoothly, ending with a question. There was no need to lie, considering I really planned to do nothing but walk nearby for a bit, collect some fresh air. I shouldn't get lost, as I knew this area well. Having had a few years to memorize it. Izumi had been born into the family I was adopted to, though I had no opinion of her. I knew what my siblings looked like, but had little idea how they acted. Considering we haven't exactly interacted much. Walking with her for a bit would at least give me some insight to her personality.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:05 pm

She hadn't really expected Luna to ask her to join her in her little trip, but Izumi was completely fine with it. She herself wasn't a big fan of constantly being on school grounds, so getting off them would be nice once in a while. Besides, Having barely had any contact with her adopted sister, Izumi was quite interested in how she was. The Hiragi family was a big deal, so one should be pretty damn awesome to get adopted into it.

"Sounds exciting" Izumi chuckled. "But sure, I'll join you" While talking Izumi put away her camcorder. Though they might encounter something cool while out of the schoolgrounds, Izumi wasn't in the mood to keep recording.

Izumi walked towards the girl, her hands behind her back. She would stop next to Luna for a second, glancing over at her, before slowly starting to walk further away from the school grounds.

Last edited by Izumi on Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:47 pm

I can't say I was too surprised she accepted my offer, considering I did ask her. She put her camcorder up, and walked up next to me. She then started walking ahead of me, as if she didn't want to be here much longer either. I shrugged and walked up next to her, the sky appeared clear with a few clouds here and there, the sun shining brightly. It almost made me want to recoil and head to the shade. 
Almost, not quite. 
The breeze was a light brush to shield from the heat, and I could feel my black reddish hair brush against my shoulders. Realizing not one of us had actually said anything for those few moments, I spoke up. 
"How's your day been, thus far?" I asked, knowing it was a casual conversation starter. I wasn't entirely the best social person out there, but I could get by. And that's what mattered. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:16 pm

Izumi was silent for a while, just enjoying the weather while walking away from the school grounds. She had quite a few questions for Luna, some of which she most likely wouldn't be able to answer herself. Probably the question she wanted the answer of the most was why in the world Luna was adopted. She had asked her father years ago, who had answered with "We felt sorry for her". Knowing her family, that was most likely a bad lie. Izumi wasn't planning on asking her right now though, as it'd probably ruin the mood already.

Izumi looked over at Luna, who was walking next to her, as she asked her how her day had been so far. "Not too bad, how about yours?" Izumi replied. She wasn't that interested honestly, but she asked Luna about her day as well just to be nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:25 pm

I wondered what Izumi would bring up later, half of me hoping she'd take the lead of the conversation. "Just about the same as any other day. Can't entirely complain about this particular one. There a reason you carry a camcorder around?" I asked, gesturing towards the camcorder she had put away just a few moments ago. The school getting further and further slowly behind us as we took a regular pace as we walked. I allowed my arms to swing back and forth as my legs walked forward, the concrete making a small noise against the sole of my boot. We crossed the street as other buildings came to view. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:46 pm

Soon after answering Izumi's question, the girl asked her why she carried a camcorder around. Izumi shrugged before answering. "It's just a hobby of mine to record things." She replied. It was indeed a hobby of Izumi to record things, but that wasn't the real reason why she carried it around all the time. One of the main reasons was so that she could collect potential blackmail, but she definitely wasn't going to say that to one of her family members. She didn't trust her family that much, so it was smart to not give her family members too much information.

As they proceeded to walk a silence took over again for about a minute. Izumi looked over at her sister, shaking her head slightly as she looked back forward again. Right now, it didn't feel as she was talking to a sister, but to a stranger. Izumi stretched her arms above her head, letting out a small sigh. "It really is weird that we know so little about each other." The girl smiled, letting her arms down again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:06 pm

These said it was her hobby to record, but I had a strange feeling in my gut it might be something more. Seemed like an interesting enough hobby to me. She seemed to enjoy just walking in silence for a bit, but she did luckily save me from having to ask a series of awkward questions to continue the conversation. She held her arms above her head when she asked the question, and lowered them after. It did seem strange, from the five years I was with my biological brother I still knew him more than in the seven years with my adoptive siblings. Though seven years was plenty of time for me to figure out the Hīragi cared just as much about their own members as they did with everyone else. Which was I figured keeping a safe distance was the best thing to do, up until now anyway. Who knows what the future may hold? "It does seem strange. Most siblings, blood related or not, tend to at least know each other somewhat. You'd have thought we'd have figured more than just names within 7 years." I responded, seeing little reason as to reveal all my thoughts. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:23 pm

Izumi nodded as a reply. It was abnormal not to know anything about a sibling after 7 years, though there was nothing normal about the Hiragi family though. Though Izumi never wished to know more about her siblings, it was of course nice to know a bit more about them. They didn't have to be best friends or something like that, Izumi definitely didn't want that. She just thought it'd be nice to know a little more about Luna.

"Well, let's get to know each other better now then." Izumi chuckled before taking a deep breath. "My birthday's November 8th, favorite color's red, favorite food is pasta~" Izumi looked over at Luna. "There you go~ Now you know 3 more things about me, Hooray! She let out a giggle, looking back forward again. "Your turn." Izumi said, trying to keep the conversation going.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:53 pm

I did have an inclination to get to know my siblings more, considering if I can figure out their true personality, dictating actions Isn't too far off. And if I've learned anything, being able to tell the movements of potential enemies has always helped in the long run. Not that I would be able to gain much from this small talk,  but everyone has to have a first conversation somewhere. She gave me three facts of her own, and by default it would only be polite to return the favor.
"My birthday's December 21st, My favorite color also happens to be red and I tend to like sweet foods. I'm currently 17." I reciprocated, adding my age to give the appearance of giving more information. I smiled a little. I'd most likely reciprocate most of the information she gives me, unless I deem it too personal. Which again, shouldn't entirely be possible at the current moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:20 pm

"We've got two things in common then, our favorite color and age" Izumi wasn't too surprised by her sibling's age, as she had already guessed that Luna was around her own age. She hadn't expected Luna to be only a month younger than her though.

"Hmm.. let's see.. My hobby is recording, but you already knew that.." Izumi was already having trouble with finding things to tell about herself that wouldn't give away too much information. Luckily though, after 5 seconds of just mumbling "uuhhh" Izumi thought of something great. "oh, I'm as single as someone can be, and a big, friendless loner~" she chuckled again at her own reply. It was true she was single, but she couldn't care less about it. A relationship would just be an obstacle on the battle field, and it made people make stupid mistakes. And that didn't only count for Love relationships, but also just good friendships. There were so many stories around about friends dying for each other, to save a life of a friend who messed up. Izumi would never do this herself, but she wasn't sure how she would react when a best friend would mess up. She didn't want to give it too much thinking though, as the chance of her finding a friend wpuld probably take some time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:51 pm

Izumi gave the appearance of being around my own age, so it didn't shock me when she was only a month older than I. Considering she gave me her hobby, it would made sense I would... After a few seconds of Izumi mumbling incoherent words, She mentioned she had no lover and no friends. 
Looks like we're in the same boat. It's not that I didn't want friends, I just ended up not talking to most people. 
"Can't entirely say I have many friends either. My hobby's reading." I said in a sarcastic tone, leaving it up to her to interpret what I said as she sees fit. And I did end up giving her what my hobby was, seeing little danger in reading for it to mean enough to matter. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:12 pm

She and Luna seem to have had quite a few things in common, including not having any/a lot of friends. Izumi herself wasn't a giant fan of reading, but could survive a book if it was interesting enough. The only books she ever read since the vampires appeared, were books about fighting styles and the bloodsuckers. She had only been focused on one thing since the appearance of the virus, which was to get stronger so she could kick some vampire's butts with ease. It wasn't exactly her dream at first, not like she had a choice not to train all day so she could eventually kill things. After a while of training though it started to get easier for Izumi though, and her hatred for vampires grew bigger and bigger.

Izumi got distracted for a second, as she thought about her not-so amazing days of training. She quickly snapped out of it though. 

"Reading's pretty cool. Having no friends is cool too, I guess" Izumi replied. "Favorite animal is a penguin." She just kept going with telling her sister useless facts about herself, not like she knew anything else to talk about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:10 pm

It was interesting I had so much in common with my sister, despite neither of us knowing or trying. Recording things seemed like an interesting hobby, but I had no talent in the area nor did I have much interest in reliving the past. The past mostly included pain so the current you could evolve and become, well, you. Since the apocalypse came around, it seemed like not enough happiness seemed to be spread around. Almost as if Humanity used it all up before hand, and the rest of us get to deal. Personally, I could see how vampires hated humanity so much. Not that I agree with any sides methods. But I understood where the feeling came from. Realizing I had zoned out for a bit in my thoughts, Izumi's voice brought me out of it.
"My favorite animal would be a fox." I mentioned, useless facts being thrown around. I decided to keep what she told me in my head, just in case something could possibly be gleaned from it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:48 pm

"Foxes are cool" Izumi replied. She liked quite a lot of animals, but a fox was definitely in her top 10. Izumi found them look pretty cute, just like penguins. 

Too bad there weren't many animals around anymore. 

Many had died of hunger or had been killed. Izumi actually felt more sorry for the animals that had died since the virus appeared, they really didn't deserve to die. Humans on the other hand were mostly corrupted, which caused Izumi to often care little about a human's death. Vampires were ten times worse in her eyes. She hated them so much that she would probably be able to keep up a real laugh if she ever got the chance to torture one. 

"Hmm.. I already ran out of things to say. Do you know any other facts we could share with each other?" Izumi couldn't come up with anything anymore, so she just simply asked Luna if she had any other ideas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:44 pm

Thinking about it, I hadn't actually seen many animals since the apocalypse.
Not exactly that I saw many before, but still. It was unfortunate Humanity thrived more than they, but dwelling on it wouldn't exactly change the situation. She asked if I knew any other facts we could tell each other. I could think of a few, but i wasn't going to go down any route that didn't involve the sharing of useless facts. I wasn't sure how much time was left until this period was over, but I figured looping back towards the school would be a good thing. I wasn't looking forward to going back, but alas it had been a while since the bell had rung and we had walked a little bit away. Luckily the weather was in our favor, hopefully time will be as well.
I racked my brain for a bit, leaving some moments of silence for more useless facts to give. "My favorite season is Winter, and I prefer tea over coffee." I said thoughtfully, with a small frown on my face before I smiled again. I wasn't used to smiling so much, usually adopting an expressionless face if anything. I shrugged as we kept walking, this time in the direction of the school which was about give or take 10, perhaps 15 minutes away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:29 am

Sadly, they already had to walk back towards the school. Izumi wasn't really hyped to go back, as she found the classes incredibly boring. Sure, some of them were useful, but she already knew most of the things she had to know. So why should she even attend the classes about races when she already knows almost everything about them?

"My favorite is probably Autumn , and I also prefer tea of coffee." She replied. Izumi wasn't a big fan of Winter, because she really liked wearing outfits like the ones she was wearing right now, and it was too cold in the Winter to do that. Even though Autumn was often a little as well, it made up for it by making nature look so beautiful.

"Well, we've made more progress in one day than we have in the past years" Izumi chuckled. It was so weird to have get to known more things about her sister in one day than in the past few years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:55 pm

I enjoyed winter for a lot of different reasons. Sometimes it would snow around here, which was beautiful. I enjoyed the cold weather as well, though most people would probably disagree with me. Even without snow, the area just seemed different than the other times of year. Plus it was perfect if you didn't want to be bothered. 
I did have to agree with the fact it was a little odd that we learned more today than we had in the past few years, not that I didn't entirely know the reason but yes. Under normal circumstances it would be a very strange occurrence. Not that anything was exactly normal anymore. 
"I suppose so, considering it seems as if we would have learned something." I agreed, continuing the show of being kind and courteous. It wouldn't shock me if she was doing the same. Neither one of us trusted the other one bit, but the conversation did seem a little...nice. Perhaps under different circumstances we could've been friends. But definitely not under current ones. I wouldn't dwell on what if's when i knew there was no changing them into what is's. I continued to smile, the corners of my face beginning to ache just a bit from all the smiling my mouth was doing during this 30 minute conversation. The school was coming into view yet again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:44 am

It was nice talking to someone who wasn't insane or stupid once in a while. Luna seemed like a nice girl, and they probably could've became friends if they weren't both members of the Hiragi family. She didn't trust her for one bit, just because of her last name. It was far too risky to be buddies with someone who could stab you in the back any time. If Luna not only shared a favorite color and other useless things with her, but also the cold, cruel thoughts she had, It would be very dangerous.

School was in sight again, sadly. Izumi wasn't ready to sit in class again and to pretend to pay attention to what the teacher is saying. This chat had been nice though. It was definitely more interesting than deleting videos from her camcorder, but she'd have to find another hour to do that now.

Oh well, it was worth it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum